Note: Intel shutdown its AppUp store in March, 2014 and so the Windows version of our app is not available anymore.
Our popular Economy app gives you a snapshot of the US economy. It was ranked #1 for several weeks on Apple’s top charts for the Finance category. Our website has more details on the iPhone version and the iPad version of the Economy app
The Windows version of the Economy app can be downloaded from Intel’s AppUp store. The app gives you the latest values of key economic indicators (GDP, Housing, Employment, Business, M2 money stock etc.). The app provides graphs that track the values of these economic indicators across the past few decades and these graphs can be saved on disk (for printing, emailing etc.).
How to download the Economy app on a Windows XP or Windows 7 PC
AppUp (Intel’s App Store equivalent) download
1. Go to Intel’s AppUp site to download and install the Intel AppUp Client. (Note: AppUp is Intel’s equivalent of itunes and the app store. It requires Windows XP (SP3) or Windows 7.)
2. Launch the AppUp client, click on “Signup” and complete the registration process to create a new account with Intel (Intel is one of the computer world’s most recognized brands and creates most of the processors for computers that run Windows)
Download the Economy app
1. Launch the Intel AppUp client
2. In the “Search” box, type “Cascade Software” (without the quotes) and hit the ENTER key.
3. Click the Economy app to download it.
After download, the Economy app can be launched through the AppUp store or through its desktop icon/shortcut or through program listings in the Start menu.